[LARTC] Writing stuff for the HOWTO (yes please!)

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 10:04:32PM +0100, Arthur van Leeuwen wrote:

> Note: the question isn't all that off-topic. The route-cache Linux uses
> is keyed on the triple <source address, destination address, type of service>.
(...)
> Doei, Arthur. (And yes, that will end up in the FAQ, but not quite yet)

Hi everybody.

Everybody currently means almost 350 people, which pleases me greatly. So
far, there have been over 250.000 hits on the site, including 35.000
downloads of packaged editions (.txt, .tar and .pdf). The archives of this
list have been discovered by the Googlebot, and are visited frequently. We
are doing the net a service!

Arthur is currently working on a chapter for the HOWTO, and so can you. In
fact, we would greatly enjoy more submissions. This way, the HOWTO will
follow a 'Linus' style development, with a few people presiding and tuning,
but with enhancements coming in from the 'field' so to speak.

A contribution can be very small, like detecting a typo, or confirming to us
that something does work as intended, but it can also be an entire chapter
or an additional section to an existing one.

We are even happy to receive unfinished contributions which we can patch up
for you to look good!

So you see, you've got no excuses left. If you read this list, or read the
HOWTO, and you know something we haven't mentioned, we want to hear from
you at: howto@xxxxxxx!

Regards,

bert hubert
instigator of the HOWTO

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People