Re: [LARTC] <OT>

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 hesselsp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Sorry for the silly question.

Now you're considering yourself silly for a very silly reason,

> I was missing CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_TOS in my
> kernel, and possibly another thing.

as the CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_TOS flag does *not* have anything to do
with setting TOS flags, only with specifying routing policies
keyed on TOS flags.

And yes, my previous remark that the route cache is keyed on the
tripel <src, dst, tos> still holds, even if you *haven't* set the
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_TOS option on when compiling the kernel. If you
don't believe me, just check the code for route_output() in
net/ipv4/route.c in your favourite kernel source tree.

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@xxxxxxxxxx      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt