[LARTC] Re: Traffic Shapping

Hi,
	I've done some tests with some differents implementations, here are some
problems and solutions :), I had..
	 First I tried to use my first script to limit the outgoing traffic (with
little changes) :

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1:0 cbq bandwidth 256Kbit avpkt 1000
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:1 cbq bandwidth 256Kbit rate \
64Kbit allot 1514 weight 6Kbit prio 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:11 cbq bandwidth 256Kbit rate \
64Kbit allot 1514 weight 6Kbit prio 5 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000 split 1:1
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:11 sfq quantum 1514b perturb 15
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 100 handle 1 fw classid \
1:11

	As I know it didn't work. For me it was normal because I've done many tests
with it... Then I decided to change the line you told me was wrong, so I used
this script:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1:0 cbq bandwidth 256Kbit avpkt 1000
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:1 cbq bandwidth 256Kbit rate \
64Kbit allot 1514 weight 6Kbit prio 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:11 cbq bandwidth 256Kbit rate \
64Kbit allot 1514 weight 6Kbit prio 5 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000 bounded
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:11 sfq quantum 1514b perturb 15
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 100 handle 1 fw classid \
1:11

	And again it didn't work. Then I remembered that you told me that tbf is
better than sfq to use, so I used that last script changing the sfq's line to:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:11 tbf rate 64kbit buffer 10Kb/8 limit 15Kb
\mtu 1500

	So it work as I've known (because I've tested a script like that an it
worked).
	Then to a final test I changed back the bounded to split in the third line
and it limited the traffic.
	After all, my doubt is if the problem is the sfq, because tbf worked
perfectily (in the two cases!!). So if you or someone has a good
documentation about the both please send me...

thanks a lot,
	Bruno