[LARTC] Multiple interfaces?

Hi!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this works:

internet --- linux machine with iproute2 controlling bandwidth ---
machines behind it getting bandwidth controlled.

With "control" is limit/prioritization, etc.

"---" is a connection of some sort connected to the linux box.

That should work as it does here :)

Now, is it possible for "---" to be for example a 802.1q VLAN (using for
example Ben Greear's 802.1Q implementation)?

If so, cool, that's wanted.. :)

Now to the problem.

Let's look back to my not-so-complex example and make it slightly more
complex.

Is there ANY way to get THIS to work? :

internet --- linux w/ iproute2 --- one net

                  some other net

And handle bandwidth management between those 2 ports?

I've been looking and looking and I see no solution to it, due to that
the top qualifier discipline is on top of the interface and not on top
of "top box".

Or am I reading it wrong?

Any suggestions?

Why I'd want that is actually to use VLAN 802.1Q to a capable switch so
that it really is just inet --linux--switch,
physically but the cable to the switch carries the various VLANS and
bandwidth manages them together as if they were the same interface on
the linux box, which they in a sence are but .. not.. :)

Hopefully this isn't too weird described. If you have questions what the
hell I mean, ask.

// Stefan