Re: [LARTC] balancing behind NAT?

At 03:58 1-12-00 +0000, you wrote:

Hi,

Im trying to setup a traffic shaping in a simialar setup to youris. The
stuff below makes sense but I can't figure out how to shape the
downstream. Could you give me an example from your config to start me
off.

The thing I don't understand is that packets coming from the internet to
(for example) 192.168.0.4 will not be marked so how can they be
routed to the right class ?

thanks

david.

Hi,

I am sorry to say, I wasn't able to get that to work either (partially because I don't need it in my configuration). But I do think that you can follow the advanced routing howto more closely on that one when you use the interface to the local network, as the IP-adress is translated back to the internal adress long before it travels through this interface.
So in theory:
#example from the advanced routing-howto, slightly changed
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 10:0 protocol ip prio 25 u32 match ip dst \
150.151.0.0 flowid 10:100

This should work (with the previous rules being pretty much the same as I gave them).

Sander Raaijmakers