[LARTC] A [hopefully] painless question..

Okay, I know this isn't directly a Linux problem, but this is the last
place I can go for help, I've looked about everywhere I can think of and
tried every setting I think would have made a difference..

I'm having a LOT of problems with my Adaptec AHA-1522 SCSI adapter (ISA).
Everytime I stuff it into the system, either the system won't boot, or if
it does boot, my floppy drive and (serial, unfortunately) mouse go out
completely. I just tried messing with it again a while ago, and noticed
that this time, not only did my mouse and floppy go out, but both of my
ethernet cards are out as well. I don't think this is an IRQ problem,
because the SCSI adapter is using IRQ 9, which was in use by eth0, but I
have changed that to IRQ 3, and it's all running fine now (without the
SCSI adapter installed, that is). I'm not sure if this could be an IO base
setting error, or what. Honestly, I don't know what to look for in
/proc/ioports to know what's free and what's not. The card has an onboard
floppy controller, which I have disabled (I also tried enabling it) but
either way, I get no response from my floppy drive whatsoever.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, I have also disabled the SCSI BIOS on the board, because that
seems to be the reason that the machine wouldn't boot after it was
installed anyway..

--

-Hexxor
http://nanook.ath.cx/

"Do not take for granted, the powers out there."

GMUd-s:--a--C++UL++++P++++L++++E----W++N+o+K-O-
w---M-V-PS+++PEY+PGPt---5--X-R!tvb+DID+Geh--ry+