Re: [LARTC] A complicated routing scenario (for me at least)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Whit wrote:

> Andrew,

> I'm awfully glad you're asking these questions, since I'm contemplating a
> similar setup and am not yet to that wonderful place where this presently
> obscure new technology resolves into clarity. So I'll be trying to follow
> along closely as you work out your scheme.

Hey, I've never done stuff like Andrew's proposing either. It's cool. I want
to know if it'll work. :)

> One question I have, in addition to those you're asking, is whether iproute2
> in itself is adequate to handle fallover routing when one of the outside
> links goes down - that is, can it just be set up with lower priority rules
> to route the other way, or does something like mon
> (http://www.kernel.org/software/mon/) need to be set up to actively change
> the routing tables when an outside line goes down?

Hmmm. Methinks that with the preferences associated with routes and the
effects of neighbor unreachability detection this should work. This
remark is wholly untested, though.

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@xxxxxxxxxx      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt