Re: [LARTC] A complicated routing scenario (for me at least)

Andrew,

I'm awfully glad you're asking these questions, since I'm contemplating a
similar setup and am not yet to that wonderful place where this presently
obscure new technology resolves into clarity. So I'll be trying to follow
along closely as you work out your scheme.

One question I have, in addition to those you're asking, is whether iproute2
in itself is adequate to handle fallover routing when one of the outside
links goes down - that is, can it just be set up with lower priority rules
to route the other way, or does something like mon
(http://www.kernel.org/software/mon/) need to be set up to actively change
the routing tables when an outside line goes down?

 \/\/ I-I I T
 Blauvelt
 whit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx