Re: [LARTC] How to mark and queue

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 01:42:29PM +0200, Josip Gracin wrote:

> > Try to make a u32 match on a part of the header that changes a lot. I
>
> But than I would not be able to control the randomness of drops.  I need a
> drop policy based on various stochastic functions.

You could also use RED or GRED with strange configuration values. RED also
does random dropping of packets, but normally only when routing a lot of
traffic. You might be able to get it to drop in ways that please you.

> > Try asking the netfilter mailinglist.
>
> Oops, I thought this was a perfect list to ask the question.  Sorry, I'll
> ask there.

For what you want, netfilter is suited best.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People