[LARTC] API using cbq / tc ?

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 17:59, Martin Devera wrote:
> > > that doing it all on the client would be better, but for a distributed
> > > viewing, a webpage makes a nice interface.
> >
> > Still, rrdtool is not made for real time graphing.  A 10 sec interval is
> > not real-time.  For me, real-time is now.  And for that you need
> > something that can graph the files locally like java or vb.
>
> Hmm, typicaly I agree with Stef but here I'm not sure.
> Speed is derivative of transfered byte count and as such
> it is dependent on time. Because we can't compute perfect
> derivative we have to use difference - and it is always
> computed as average of some time interval (30sec in HTB).
> So if you use 5s interval in rrd it seems ok for me (it
> is what i plan to do here).
If you receive an update each second, you have the feeling it's realtime.
It's slow enough to understand the data and it's fast enough to feel it as
real-time.  It's also fast enought that you get new data before you are tired
to look at the old data.

For other people, real time can be 5 seconds   It depends on how much beer
they had :)

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org