[LARTC] most out of qos

 : > I'd suggest that Tomas throttles his bandwidth on transmit to the internal
 : > network.  It is a router, so very little traffic will be initiated from
 : > the router itself.
 : > Why not perform traffic control on packets transmitted to the Internet on
 : > the outward facing NIC.
 : > Then perform traffic control on packets received from the Internet on the
 : > inward facing NIC.
 : > What's wrong with this?
 : Euh nothing :)
 : But you have the same problem.  You are controlling already received data.  So
 : you can only hope that the other end of the link stops sending data if you
 : drop packets.

Well, slap me with a wet fish!  That's pretty obvious.

(Martin, neophyte with traffic control, returns to routing.)

Thanks, Stef,

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown --- SecurePipe, Inc. --- mabrown@securepipe.com