[LARTC] most out of qos

to get most out of qos in general, would the best thing be to set up qos on both ends of a bottleneck with both ingress and egress
filtering? the reason for asking is because we have a 2mbit connection with egress filtering qos, the problem is that we experience
most downloads compared to uploades and therefor the egress filtering doesnt provide much help.

what we could do is to get ingress filtering on our side here, but i dont know how much that would help really, the data has already
passed the bottleneck in the path. so, my question, would i experience any different delay if adding ingress filtering?

it is a 2mbit fiber stub network which looks pretty much like this:

lan - router - fw - isp - internet

the egress qos is at the moment at the router which pretty much says "prioritize interactive sessions".

since the filtering for qos is rather simple, just telnet/ssh to a certain host, should i contact my isp and ask them to set some
egress qos going to our network on the cisco router that is at their place? btw, anyone know how good the qos is on cisco 2600?

thanks for you time, best regards

tomas bonnedahl