From: lartc-admin@mailman.ds9a.nl [mailto:lartc-admin@mailman.ds9a.nl]On
Behalf Of Kaustubh Phanse
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 3:38 PM
To: lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl
Subject: [LARTC] Marking packets with IP Options field

Hello!

In our experiment, we are trying to mark IP packets at a source host. Some
of these packets have a 28-byte "IP Options" field, hence a 48-byte IP
header. We observed (using ethereal) that the tc script at the source
appropriately marks the packets that DO NOT have an "IP Options" field
(i.e., regular 20 byte header), however, all the packets with the "IP
Options" field do not get marked! The DSCP remains 0x00. We are using u32
filter to classify the packets, dsmark for marking, and HTB to schedule the
packets. Is there any such known problem for packets with "IP Options"
field??

Any help in this matter is much appreciated.

Thank you
regards
Kaustubh