[LARTC] Multipath routing with different bandwidth and cost

Hi,

My workstation is connected to a LAN with two different gateways. GW1 is
rate-limited to 2Mbps while GW2 is unlimited. Routing through GW1
is cheaper, thus I don't want to be using only GW2.

At any given time, I would like to be able to use GW1 while keeping it
uncongestioned and to use GW2 for the remaining traffic.

I know I can create a weighted multipath route but I believe the weight
doesn't allow me to specify the rate-limitation of GW1.

Do you think I can come to a solution using iproute2, netfilter and tc?

Regards,
Benjamin