[LARTC] how to determine tcp rate & classifying packet info

--0-7173661-1043197639=:62266

--

still needing help !
i m very sorry to say that i hardly have got any useful stuff regarding controlling tcp rate, rather packeteer information was good (TCP Rate Control - by Shrikrishna Karandikar).

Ok,next was
for classifying packet by making use of marking
what if i m using u32 classifier instead of fw.
is there utility with u32 to mark packets.
also,
what i think is that, classifiers will come into the picture after the connection establishment, so how could they differentiate 2 different type applications for same service?
10x in advance
ganesh.

--0-7173661-1043197639=:62266

<P>&gt; &gt;hello everybody<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;need help<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; how should i control the tcp rate, is it possible?</P>
<P><BR>&gt;It's possible<BR>&gt;www.lartc.org<BR>&gt;www.docum.org<BR><BR>&gt; &gt;also,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;suppose i have 2 database tables :<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;1) one for online accounting &amp;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;2) one for online sales updating<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;now both of these transactions which will update my SQL server <BR>databse will<BR>&gt; &gt;be on the same port number<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; how can i classify these packets so that i can give high bandwidth &amp;<BR>&gt;&gt; highest prio to type 2 packets.<BR>&gt;What if you the iptables helper that can match packet with a string in it?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </P>
<P>&gt;&nbsp;I think the select is unique so you can see the difference.&nbsp; Once you can <BR>&gt;recognise the packets, you can mark them with iptables.&nbsp; That mark can <BR>&gt;be <BR>&gt;used to put the packets in differenct classes so you can configure <BR>&gt;different <BR>&gt;rates for the packets.<BR>&gt;But this will suck if you select statement is too big for one packet.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Stef<BR>&gt;<BR>-- </P>
<P>&nbsp;
<P>still needing help !
<P>i m very sorry to say that i hardly have got any useful stuff regarding controlling tcp rate, rather packeteer information was good (TCP Rate Control - by&nbsp;<FONT face="Times New Roman">Shrikrishna Karandikar).</FONT>
<P>what i want to do is everytime i want to establish a connection with any server(say X-server ) on the basis that X should send me data at agreed upon rate, the rate should not increase beyond that value.
<P>can i implement it? if yes where can i find information?
<P>&nbsp;
<P>Ok,next was
<P>for classifying packet by making use of marking
<P>what if i m using u32 classifier instead of fw.
<P>is there utility with u32 to&nbsp;mark packets.
<P>also,
<P>what i think is that, classifiers will come into the picture after the connection establishment, so how could they differentiate 2 different type applications for same service?
<P>10x in advance
<P>ganesh.</P>
<P>&nbsp;
--0-7173661-1043197639=:62266--