[LARTC] how to determine tcp rate & classifying packet info

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 21:43, ganesh palwe wrote:
> hello everybody
>
> need help
>
> how should i control the tcp rate, is it possible?
It's possible
www.lartc.org
www.docum.org

> also,
>
> suppose i have 2 database tables :
>
> 1) one for online accounting &
>
> 2) one for online sales updating
>
> now both of these transactions which will update my SQL server databse will
> be on the same port number
>
> how can i classify these packets so that i can give high bandwidth &
> highest prio to type 2 packets.
What if you the iptables helper that can match packet with a string in it?  I
think the select is unique so you can see the difference.  Once you can
recognise the packets, you can mark them with iptables.  That mark can be
used to put the packets in differenct classes so you can configure different
rates for the packets.
But this will suck if you select statement is too big for one packet.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"