[LARTC] how to determine tcp rate & classifying packet info

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 02:07, ganesh palwe wrote:
> still needing help !
I have simple answer : rtfm.

> i m very sorry to say that i hardly have got any useful stuff regarding
> controlling tcp rate, rather packeteer information was good (TCP Rate
> Control - by Shrikrishna Karandikar). what i want to do is everytime i want
> to establish a connection with any server(say X-server ) on the basis that
> X should send me data at agreed upon rate, the rate should not increase
> beyond that value. can i implement it? if yes where can i find information?
again
www.docum.org
www.lartc.org

> Ok,next was
> for classifying packet by making use of marking
> what if i m using u32 classifier instead of fw.
> is there utility with u32 to mark packets.
rtfm.  Fw is a filter that can match packets you marked with iptables/ipchain.
u32 is an other filter that can use any bit in a tcp packet to filter the
packets.

> also,
> what i think is that, classifiers will come into the picture after the
> connection establishment, so how could they differentiate 2 different type
> applications for same service? 10x in advance
See kptd on www.docum.org

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org