[LARTC] HTB rate 0kbit

On Monday 20 January 2003 18:43, Catalin Bucur wrote:
> Abraham van der Merwe wrote:
> | Hi Thomas!
> |
> | The smallest rate you can use with r2q=1 is mtu*8 kbit (12kbit in most
> | cases). You can skip r2q and use quantum=125 bytes, but that is
>
> probably not
>
> | such a good idea...
> |
> |>OK, I will use rate 1kbit. Therefore r2q should be 1, right?
> |>
> |>	Thanks,
> |>		Thomas
>
> The HTB FAQ page from Devik's site says that you should use at least
> 4kbit for realiable operation of HTB. So it's hard to say what could be
> the best minimal quantum value in this case. It's not a good ideea to
> use a value smaller than 1500 bytes, so leave the quantum at this value
> and ignore the warning messages from syslog, or use the patch against
> 2.4.20 to skip these type of errors.
Quantum must be > 1500 so the internal caculations of htb are good.
And 60.000 is the maximum hard coded in htb.
So try to take r2q so
smallest_rate/r2q > 1500
biggest_rate/r2q < 60000

Quatum is only used if you have a parent class that's has remaining bandwidth.
I don't know if this is the case in your situation.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"