[LARTC] Is negative offset possible in u32 ?

--=-P8XCwgunjdRCdHkSsCYA

Has somebody realyy manage to use the examples given when using negative
offset in u32 ?

I look at the kernel code, I'm almost a real beginner here so I could
wrote stupid things :

I saw that in the file cls_u32.c we work with skb and use only=20
skb->nh.raw. That's the network header, so we don't have any information
about Ethernet header (it's in skb->mac.raw that we have the ethernet
header and that the protocol is given).
Furthermore (maybe i'm wrong cause of inverted stockage in memory) in
the skbuf struct the ethernet header union follow the network header
union so we should read something else.
Thus we can at least say that negative offset in u32 are really "tricky"
and really non clean and as seems to show experiment that they don't
work (?)

--=20
=C9ric Leblond
courriel : eric@regit.org