[LARTC] HTB and ARP

Eric,

We recently had a discussion here about filtering non-IP traffic.  See my
attempt here:

  http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2003q1/006656.html

And Julian's follow-up post which closed the thread:

  http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2003q1/006663.html

You should be able to select with something like this:

  U32="tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip u32"
  $U32 match u16 0x0806 0xFFFF at -2

where 0x0806 identifies the ethernet frame as an ARP packet, per
$LINUX_SOURCE/include/linux/if_ether.h:

#define ETH_P_ARP       0x0806          /* Address Resolution packet    */

Good luck,

-Martin