[LARTC] QoS (HTB) without IP address

Am Mon, 2002-12-30 um 21.36 schrieb Gilles Douillet:

> But if I wat to manage it remotely, AND if I have NO ip available (cause
> netmask is 255.255.255.252), can I have a third interface, not put it brctl
> and assign an IP of the private network (IP from RFC 1918) normally the
> bridge software should ignore it and I can put a nice Apache with RRD Tool,
> with MRTG, with any other nice tool to monitor bandwith and connections ?

Forget the bridging junk. Pick an ipaddress, assign it to both
interfaces and make sure you configure iptables to FORWARD traffic
comming from either side to the other. Additionally you can setup
whatever sort of traffic shaping you desire and/or implement a
transparent proxy.

--
Daniel Egger <egger@spotnic.de>