Re: WonderShaper on LAN link kills to-host speed

--On Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:53 PM +0100 Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
<lartc@24x7linux.com> wrote:

> As far as I know, inbound traffic (ingress) can only police packets,
> that is, discard traffic on excess hoping the other end will notice it
> and slow down a bit. If you want to classify incoming traffic

I don't know that I even need the policing function, esp. for LAN traffic
that is only queued at the original sender and in switches. (About 150
clients on a mixed 100/1000 Mbps LAN.) I was just surprised that it killed
traffic so badly. Perhaps I need to read up more on exactly what it's doing.