traffic shaping and gre tunnels

Hi!

Thanks to LARTC I was able to set up this configuration:
- ppp0 (adsl connection) to the internet
- vpn0 connection to a remote router with a gre tunnel

I'm doing shaping traffic out of ppp0 with HTB: Minimum delay (tos 0x10), icmp and ACK packets get maximun priority and all available bandwitdh, file sharing gets 3/10 of bandwidth (ceiil 9/10) and the rest 6/10 of bandwidth (ceil 9/10). I can get good result even with eavy loads.

Now, I would very much like to know, if someone can help:

1. gre tunnel traffic is not shaped internally when it gets to ppp0, right? So if I want to shape it I need to use a qdisc for vpn0.
2. if 1 is correct, I need to set a txqueuelen for vpn0, otherwise I would not get any effect, right? (default is txqueuelen:0)
3. In order to set priority, in ppp0, for all tunnel traffic, I need to use a filter with the u32 selector? will somthing like 'match ip protocol 47' be fine?
4. How can I set up a filter for shaping (in ppp0) encapsulated traffic? for istance, if I want ssh to vpn0 to have maximum priority either within the tunnel and also within the traffic passing trough ppp0, how can achivie that? I cannot find documentation on u32 that I can use to work that out...

Thank you very much.
Andrea