Re: burst per connection or filter on packet numbers

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Stef Coene wrote:

> Why not doing with htb?  It has a nice burst parameter that does exactly what
> you want.

Not exactly. If I understand the htb users guide correctly, then the
bursts only apply if there is the chance that they can recharge (i.e.
there is some period without packet flow). But what if there is a
continous packet flow because there are many concurrent connections?

I'd like to favour beginning connections (not just the starting packets,
but the first, say, 100 packets) _while_ there already established
connections which prevent recharging of the htb bursts.

I've already experimented with different burst/cburst settings but it did
not give me desired behaviour.

Regards, Walter