Re: burst per connection or filter on packet numbers

Am Freitag, 22. November 2002 23:36 schrieb Walter Haidinger:

> I'd like to favour beginning connections (not just the starting packets,
> but the first, say, 100 packets) _while_ there already established
> connections which prevent recharging of the htb bursts.
>
> I've already experimented with different burst/cburst settings but it did
> not give me desired behaviour.

Greetings.

You could try the WRR (weighted-round-robin) scheduler. It's not yet included
into the standard kernel sources, so you've got to patch them. Google should
help.

AFAIK: WRR automatically classifies packets either by their MAC addresses or
by IP-TCP,UDP streams. On each turn every stream gets a chance to send a
number of packets proportional to its current priority/weight. And thats the
clue: WRR allows the streams to start with a higher priority and decrease
it's priority automatically by the amount of traffic processed.

Marcus