Re: many ways to do load balancing (or not?)

Em Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 04:24:06PM -0800, William L. Thomson Jr. escreveu:
> But I have been informed I believe by Julian and others that the load
> balancing, multipath equalize feature can be used even without NAT but
> in a different situation that mine?

I'm confused as well. Suppose you have two links to the internet, a DMZ,
and an internal network, SNAT'ed. Suppose you have a public web server
in the DMZ (the DMZ is not SNAT'ed).

How would multipath route (with or without equalize) help here? I mean,
it would only really help if there were connections starting from
the inside (DMZ or SNAT'ed network) to the outside. But:

- the internal network would probably do many downloads, and not uploads

- the web server doesn't originate traffic, it responds to requests from
the outside world, and it will respond using the same link the request
came in (or not?)