Re: ipac/iptables + mrtg accounting

On Friday 01 November 2002 03:06, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Thursday, October 31, 2002 9:13 PM +0000 lartc@cnicules.4email.net
>
> wrote:
> > i've installed mrtg to make graphics of the trafic from the interfece
> > throw the snmpd, and the same with ipac witch put iptables accounting
> > rules colect them and store, and gets the output,
>
> Do you have a pointer to where to set up MRTG to do this? I couldn't find
> anything in the LARTC document about "measuring" or "snmp".
Mrtg monitors only incoming and outgoing packets/bytes of a network interface.
I created my own script that uses the tc counter to create some graphs.  It
look ugly, but I'm working on it.  You can find it on www.docum.org under
GUI.

I'm also trying to write a perl script that can extend the snmpd daemon so you
can also querying tc counters with snmp.  But that script is not working.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"