Re: ipac/iptables + mrtg accounting

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 09:56:36AM +0100, Stef Coene wrote:
> On Friday 01 November 2002 03:06, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> > --On Thursday, October 31, 2002 9:13 PM +0000 lartc@cnicules.4email.net
> >
> > wrote:
> > > i've installed mrtg to make graphics of the trafic from the interfece
> > > throw the snmpd, and the same with ipac witch put iptables accounting
> > > rules colect them and store, and gets the output,
> >
> > Do you have a pointer to where to set up MRTG to do this? I couldn't find
> > anything in the LARTC document about "measuring" or "snmp".
> Mrtg monitors only incoming and outgoing packets/bytes of a network interface.
> I created my own script that uses the tc counter to create some graphs.  It
> look ugly, but I'm working on it.  You can find it on www.docum.org under
> GUI.

I have some perl scripts for measuring with rrdtool.

> I'm also trying to write a perl script that can extend the snmpd daemon so you
> can also querying tc counters with snmp.  But that script is not working.

How are you planning to integrate snmp with tc? Maybe we could gather
the data at a lower layer rather than the output of tc.

Regards.

> Stef
>
> --
>
> stef.coene@docum.org
>  "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"
>      http://www.docum.org/
>      #lartc @ irc.oftc.net

|  /-| Pedro Larroy Tovar. PiotR | http://omega.resa.es/piotr  |-\  |
| /--|            No MS-Office attachments please.             |--\ |
o-|--|              e-mail: piotr@omega.resa.es                |--|-o
|  \-|    finger piotr@omega.resa.es for public key and info   |-/  |