Re: CBQ broken in RedHat 8.0?

Hello,

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:23:52 -0800, "David Boreham"
<david_list@boreham.org> wrote:

> > >Why upgrading your SUSE?  You can also download 2.4.19 from
> ftp.kernel.org
> > > and patch with the lates htb patch ??
>
> I find that inserting a stock kernel into a machine originally
> running a distro (RH, Mandrake etc) is often a painful and
> unrewarding experience.

That is only true for distros that do heavy patching of stock kernels,
which is bad IMHO. For example Debain only patches the kernel to fix bad
bugs discovered after kernel release and to exclude non-free data from
kernel.
Thus the stock kernel works perfectly fine on a Debian system AND if you
run unstable you can get Debian versions of kernels in few days after
kernel release.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org