Re: CBQ broken in RedHat 8.0?

> >Why upgrading your SUSE?  You can also download 2.4.19 from
ftp.kernel.org
> > and patch with the lates htb patch ??

I find that inserting a stock kernel into a machine originally
running a distro (RH, Mandrake etc) is often a painful and
unrewarding experience.

My personal preference these days is to get the source RPM
for the kernel for the target distro. Then modify the spec file
to patch the kernel the way I want it (e.g. Mandrake 8.2 you
must _remove_ the HTB2 patches, and add the HTB3 patches
and the IMQ patches). Build the RPM and you now have a
way to upgrade the kernel and modules on any machine running
that distro, guaranteed to work with the user space code, since
the kernel is identical to what was there before, modulo the desired
patches.