Modifying and Changing Filters

I've been assigned the task of building a an ethernet bridge linux box to
limit the traffic of our wireless isp and perform various other functions.
I've chosen to use the lartc project as the basis for the bandwidth
shaping portion of this system and have some questions.  First off I was
unable to get the policing filter to work for my application.  All of the
commands went through but I wasn't able to throttle incoming traffic.  To
throttle incoming traffic I set up a queue on the external bridge
interface to limit outgoing traffic to the internal interface.  The same
setup on the internal interface works for outgoing bandwidth.  This seems
to work correctly.  The system I am designing has to coexist and
syncronize with a dhcp server that runs on the same box.  Static addresses
would make my job easier but that would be no fun!  The problem with dhcp
and traffic control is that users ips can change and so must traffic
filters.  I'm confused as to how to change traffic filters.  The only way
I've been able to change filters is by deleting them my specifying the
priority number or preference number.  I will need to be changing the ip
address in the filters according to changes in the dhcp leases file.  Is
there another way to identify a filter other than by priority?
Identification by flow-id would make sense, but I can't seem to get that
to work.  Any ideas?

Hayden Myers
Support Manager
Skyline Network Technologies