Re: why dont packets go where i want?

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Kertész Viktor wrote:

> I think we are out of sync about what outgoing traffic means. :) (and i am
> sure i am wrong) When traffic goes through the gw, outgoing traffic means to
> the gw that packets leave it's eth1 nic, isn't it? From wondershaper i just
> took examples. Of course wondershaper shapes outgoing traffic with htb. Once
> more, i download on the client machine, not on the gw. Thanks for replies!

...leave it's eth1 nic...

Well, it just hit me as this might explain why my setup does not work.
I'm shaping eth1 and uploading from a machine on the lan, not on the
gateway, just like you.
However, outgoing traffic might be incoming traffic for the internal
interface. I'm really confused now about in and out or directions in
general. I'll post a seperate mail regarding this.

Wondershaper is pretty straightforward. Just a single ppp0 interface.
I guess it cannot be mapped to a setup with multiple interfaces that
easily. My misconception...

Thanks for your "input"!

Regards, Walter