Re: Re: 3 interfaces in one linux box

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 12:54:02PM +0200, bert hubert wrote:
> > Great, a little corrections needed, the solution provided by ahu.
> > I did what bert wrote, but ahu adviced that I should write ip rule add from
> > internal.ip.address table leased, after that the servers in subnet can
> > answer. Thanks to Bert and ahu.
>
> Bert and <ahu> are one guy :-) This means that ipchains acts AFTER the
> policy table has been selected. iptables may well go BEFORE - be aware of
> that before upgrading.

[...]

> Try 'tcpdump -n -i interface' to see where packets go. They probably go out
> the wrong interface.

there are some additional problems with routing :).

So after I set up my iproute2 (ip rule add, ip route) my servers answer from
subnet, BUT the client from subnet can't reach the linuxbox's public
interface (217.65.110.146) and about this problem, they can't see the
webpage on the linux box. The internal ip address is available from subnet,
but the leased line's public interface cannot be reached.

any idea ?
--
Géczi Szabolcs
GPG: http://www.goodwill.hu/~szabszi/szabszi.asc