Re: 3 interfaces in one linux box

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 10:45:58PM +0200, G?czi Szabolcs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> first of all apologize for my bad english.

No problem.

> the facts :
> 			 +-------+
> leased line------- eth0| Linux |
> 			 |  box  |-eth1------subnet/switch ---clients, servers
> cablenetwork ----- eth2+-------+
>

> The eth0 interface has 5 aliased ip addresses which portforwarded to
> servers into subnet.

Ok. How is this forwarding performed? ipchains? rinetd?

> The eth2 interface has 1 ip address.
> The eth1 interface used for subnet.
> The linux box masquerades with ipchains (2.2.19 kernel).

The problems are:

 * Making sure that the default gateway is the cablenet
 * Except for sessions that went to the 5 aliased ip addresses on eth0,
   which should have eth0 as their default gateway

I think this will be pretty easy with policy routing.

echo 200 leased >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
ip rule add from alias.1.ip.address table leased
ip rule add from alias.2.ip.address table leased
ip rule add from alias.3.ip.address table leased
ip rule add from alias.4.ip.address table leased
ip rule add from alias.5.ip.address table leased
ip route add default via leased.router.ip dev eth0 table leased

However, it *is* possible that this interferes with the aliases. Try this
and let us know!

See also http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.html#LARTC.RPDB.SIMPLE

Regards,

bert