[LARTC] dial on demand

hi,

I would like to configure my linux box in ordere to have a PPP link as
default gateway.
How can I do this? In particular I want that, when, for instance, I put ping
123.123.123.123, the box automatically connects to my ISP and then
disconnect.
I read the PPP-HOWTO and configured the /etc/ppp/options adding the "demand"
command.
But, how I can add the default route? I usually use an ethernet and then I
put:

route add default gw xyz.xyz.xyz.xyz

but with PPP is not possible, because I can't associate the address with the
interface!

Helps and references are really welcome!

Best regerds,

	Luca Andreani