Re: [LARTC] 2 subclasses use more bandwidth then the rootclass has been allocated

On Monday 17 June 2002 14:23, Arne Van Theemsche wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the rootdevice allocated 512k bandwidth (with the htb qdisc), then
> I have 2 subclasses each 384k (1 ceiled to 384k, 1 burstable to 512k).
>
> both work fine, but the problem is, that when they both start a download,
> they both get 384k, together more then 512k (the rate of the root-class)
Normally the rate is a minimum bandwidth that's always reached.  But the
classes should also respect the ceiled bandwidth of the parent.
Are you sure the packets ends up in the right class?
And what if you generate only traffic in 1 class?

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"