[LARTC] IMQ test

Hi,

I am testing IMQ from few days. I have quite complex setup managing two
external interfaces with many classes and over 350 users. IMQ works
reliable and stable :)

I tried to experiment and to direct flow to IMQ I used rule in mangle
table but in FORWARD chain like following:

$IPTABLES -t mangle -I FORWARD 1 -i $ext_if1 -o $internal_iface -j IMQ
--todev 0

It works fine.

I also tried to direct local destined traffic via following rule to have
opportunity to run some local services and not disturb shaping policy..

$IPTABLES -t mangle -A INPUT -i $external_iface -j IMQ --todev 0

I couldnt use PREROUTING to achieve this result due to my box is doing
NAT and I have some classes/filters related to local destination
IPs.

It looks that second [INPUT] chain have some impact on traffic shaping but
it was very strange. Then I put that rule my interactive traffic becomes
very poor [NAT box didnt generate any traffic itself]. Normal situation
RTT was about 60ms but when launched rule in "-t mangle INPUT" average RTT
jumped to 500 or even 1000 !

OK, thats all my report today :)
Going to play more with QL IMQ driver.

Regards