[LARTC] equalize and DNS zone transfers

Hi everyone,
	I'm new to the list and I've got a couple of questions. I'm
following instructions here:
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=1824/sam0201h/0201h.htm
for setting up a dual-connection (T1 & DSL) machine. My problems are:

1) ip route add default equalize doesn't work - I get:

>ip route add default equalize
RTNETLINK answers: No such device

or if I do it properly:

>ip route add default equalize nexthop via 206.253.195.209 dev eth0
nexthop via 64.133.254.73 dev eth2
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

2) Since that didn't work, I just made my default be via 64.133.254.73.
Now I'm running a DNS master server on  206.253.195.209 and while it
responds to regular dig just fine, it doesn't respond to zone transfer
(dig axfr ). Or rather, I've been told by the guy running the slave server
that for whatever reason it responds over the 64.133.254.73 address,
although I'm not sure how he found that out - so zone transfers don't
work.

I'm aware that #2 _could_ be due to my ipchains configuration being
incorrect, but I have poked some pretty big holes for the slave servers.

3) I see Policy Routing Using Linux by Matthew Marsh highly recommended on
this site: http://defiant.coinet.com/iproute2/
Are there any books that people would recommend even more highly? I'm
finding the command-reference only documentation on the net to be a bit
less than I need.

Thanks,
Paul