[LARTC] Per-connection routing for multiple uplinks/providers??

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Bob Gustafson wrote:

> Hi - I'm a new subscriber to this list.
>
> I have been digging through the Lartc documentation as well as Netfilter,
> etc. and haven't found much on per-connection routing for multiple
> uplinks/providers.

<snip>

I wont recommend the round robin packet load balancing as that would do
more problems with TCP connections, asymetric routing , RTT values.

Cisco recommends the per destination load balancing solution. I think if
you enable uqual cost multipath in kernel and add the proper routing
entries with ip route the kernel would do the rest (building the FIB
entries by a round robin per destination fashion).

If you have time it would be nice to give it a try and let us know how it
worked :)

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.