[LARTC] Per-connection routing for multiple uplinks/providers??

Mihai RUSU wrote:

> I wont recommend the round robin packet load balancing as that would do
> more problems with TCP connections, asymetric routing , RTT values.

I guess if you'd use multiple connections to the same ISP (and same
access point) that would solve the problems of different RTT values.
Otherwise i can confirm there are problems, i had a lot more (needless)
retransmits using a dsl + two isdn links which was probably due to very
different RTT on both links.

> Cisco recommends the per destination load balancing solution. I think if

It's not always practical. For example in my case one of the links is
asymetric (256k upstresm/1mbit downstream), the other isn't. So
distributing traffic with a normal multipath route would result in some
connections (maybe downloads) beeing on the link with slow downstream.

Bye,
Patrick