[LARTC] Per-connection routing for multiple uplinks/providers??

Bob Gustafson wrote:
>>On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Bob Gustafson wrote:
>>

>>>What I would like to do is cleanly move packets out to the Internet over
>>>two (maybe 3) separate interfaces, utilizing all of the bandwidth, and
>>>avoiding snags.
>>
>>[snip, lots of nice interesting wishes]
>>

>>>Does such a beast exist? Is it possible to build with current
>>>ip/tc/netfilter technology?  I am running a near stock RH 7.2 at the
>>>moment. Each ISP line is going through a separate (proprietary/black-box)
>>>firewall/router and then into the RH7.2 box.
>>
>>QoS and routing are basically independent of each other. Orthogonal,
>>mathematicians would say. Furthermore, there *is* in fact a patch floating
>>around somewhere on the internet that flushes the route cache after every
>>packet... that might help. I've never used it, as I don't trust it to keep
>>TCP connections intact, but still, it might prove useful.

The patch is called equalize, i've adapted it to 2.4.18 and fixed some
locking issued some time ago, it's available at
ftp://sliepen.warande.net/pub/eql/ . I haven't found the time to
experience a lot with it, but i didn't notice any broken tcp connections.

Bye,
Patrick