[LARTC] Per-connection routing for multiple uplinks/providers??

>On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Bob Gustafson wrote:
>
>> What I would like to do is cleanly move packets out to the Internet over
>> two (maybe 3) separate interfaces, utilizing all of the bandwidth, and
>> avoiding snags.
>
>[snip, lots of nice interesting wishes]
>
>> Does such a beast exist? Is it possible to build with current
>> ip/tc/netfilter technology?  I am running a near stock RH 7.2 at the
>> moment. Each ISP line is going through a separate (proprietary/black-box)
>> firewall/router and then into the RH7.2 box.
>
>QoS and routing are basically independent of each other. Orthogonal,
>mathematicians would say. Furthermore, there *is* in fact a patch floating
>around somewhere on the internet that flushes the route cache after every
>packet... that might help. I've never used it, as I don't trust it to keep
>TCP connections intact, but still, it might prove useful.
>
>You'll have to do some digging on your own though...

I was afraid of that. But this list was the first place to dig, yes?

>Doei, Arthur. (Oh, and it is Arthur van Leeuwen. The surname is
>               'van Leeuwen'. Kinda like in 'Ludwig van Beethoven')

Ahh, learn something every day. The van *isn't* just like a middle name then.
(I was pretty careful about the spelling of Leeuwen though :-)

Thanks much for the feedback

BobG