[LARTC] Question on Linux Traffic Management

Hi,

I have been playing with the Linux advanced traffic management and
have a few questions. I have been working with a Pentium based PC with
two ethernet ports. Traffic received on the first port is sent to the sec=
ond
port, on which CBQ is configured. I am using the Redhat 7.2 distribution
with Kernel 2.4.7

1. If I create a bounded, isolated class (1:1) below the root qdisc (1:0)=

and set its rate (i.e. for class 1:1) to 50Mbits/sec, the actual traffic
rate observed is significantly different from the configured value. Measu=
rements
were made over an interval of 15 sec to 1 minute. The bandwidth parameter=

of the root qdisc was set to 100Mbit/sec. Why is this happening and has
anyone else encountered this behaviour?

2. The Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO says that one canno=
shape a flow above 1Mbit/sec accurately because the scheduling tick is 10=

millisec. Is there a way to get around this to accurately shape higher ra=
te
flows?

3. Is anyone working on any other hierarchical queuing disciplines beyond=

CBQ and HTB? If so where can I find out more about this?

Thanks,

- Udayan