[LARTC] Bandwith management through mac address

On Friday 15 March 2002 20:43, Lukeemail@aol.com wrote:
> Hello, I am running linux red hat 7.2 and still somewhat unfamiliar to =
its
> commands.  I am administrator to an ISP with about 80 clients and would
> like to regulate the speed of uploads and downloads.  I understand that=
> need to place everybody in different class'.  Could I get help how to u=
se
> tc/QBC to limit bandwith and impliment a u32 (or fwmark) filter that na=
mes
> mac address's as the source. Please be specific because I am not very
> fluent in the laguage yet.
First of all, make sure you understand tc.  I mean, try to understand how=
 you=20
can create a CBQ/HTB setup and how you can filter the traffic.  You can s=
tart=20
by reading the lartc howto and visiting www.docum.org
After that, try it out.  Create a CBQ/HTB setup and see what happens.
And if you can't create the setup you want, mail the to the lartc mailing=
=20
list the questions you have.
The mac address filtering can be easy if the mac addresses are fixed.

Good luck.
And use the force of tc, Luke :)

Stef

--=20