[LARTC] HTB: Filtering flat out not working :(g

> Perhaps i'm supposed to use this complicated route classifier of tc? Eg=
=2E
> have all packets assigned a realm thru ip route, then use tc to catch t=
hese
> packets? This is more complicated, and I don't wish to mess with my rou=
ting
> (i'm using "route", not "ip route", are these even compatible?). Ideall=
> i'd like to be able to simply grab the MARKed packets with tc, let me k=
now
> if this is possible.
>
> One additional question from my previous email that didn't get answered=
,
> that i'd like to know about: after adding the SFQ classes to the leafs =
of
> the HTB (see first post with the script in it), am I supposed to be
> attaching the filters to the 10: handles of the SFQs, or stay the way i=
> is, using the HTB children eg. 1:10 ?
If a packet is outted in a class with a filter, the packet is also queued=
 in=20
the qdisc that belongs to that class.  This is normally a FIFO qdisc.  Bu=
t=20
you can replace it with a SFQ qdisc.  So you don't need extra filter to p=
ut=20
the traffic in the SFQ qdisc.  All packets of the class will also enter t=
he=20
qdisc.

Stef

--=20

stef.coene@docum.org
 More QOS info : http://www.docum.org/
 Title : "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"