[LARTC] basic htb setup

> As far as I can see, no backlog is being built. How can I tell?
>
> FYI, I lowered 768Kbit to 750Kbit and there is no difference. But anywa=
y,
> doesn't doing that mean that my dsl line will run at less than its best
> possible speed?
Yes.  But you have to do this.
The reason is simple.  The devices that's the bottleneck on the link will=
 be=20
shaping the traffic.  YOU want to shape the traffic, so you have to be su=
re=20
your modem is never filled up with traffic so his buffers are not disturb=
ing=20
you setup.  The only thing you can do is make sure you are not sending to=
o=20
nuch traffic.
So yes, you loose some bandwidth, but you win the possibility to shape th=
e=20
remaining bandwidth.

Stef

--=20

stef.coene@docum.org
 More QOS info : http://www.docum.org/
 Title : "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"