Re: AMD integrated graphics passthrough to KVM guest

Hello Alex,

I'm thinking about buying a HD 7850 to go with my integrated graphics
card, so that I can pass the 7850 to a KVM guest and keep the
integrated GPU for the host. However, I'd like to use the proprietary
AMD drivers for the host to get reasonable 3D performance there (the
open source driver that ships with Mint 15 didn't get me far; maybe it
should and I've done something wrong?). I've read here:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1273412#p1273412
that this scenario caused problems. Is this still the case?
Which GPU do you use on the host / guest, and which driver combinations work?

Or should I just grab an nVidia instead?

Of course I'd be happy to hear reports from others as well. :)

Thank you so much for your help!