Re: AMD integrated graphics passthrough to KVM guest

Hello Alex,

thank you very much for your answer.

> VGA assignment should only even be attempted on non-primary displays at
> this point (unless of course you want to work on adding support).

I assume when you say "non-primary," you refer to graphics adapters
that are not used to display POST and kernel messages?
Although I know C, I've never worked on hardware-related tasks, so I'm
afraid I won't be of much help in adding support, unless you think
it's a task that is suitable for a newcomer. In any case, I'd be happy
to help by testing suggestions by you or others.

>> Next, I took a really old PCIe graphics card, installed it and set it
>> to be my primary graphics adapter in BIOS (or rather UEFI?), so that I
>> now saw POST and kernel messages via the dedicated GPU. Surprisingly
>> to me, I was able to pass-through the dedicated PCIe card to a KVM
>> guest, but still not the now supposedly unused integrated GPU, still
>> getting the same message when I tried.
>
> What is the plugin graphics card?

I've pulled that card out of an old computer that I haven't bought.
It's manufactured by MSI, but other than that, I haven't found make or
model names. lspci says it's an "ATI RV515 [Radeon X1300]."

> Please provide 'sudo lspci -vvv'.  Thanks,
lspci -vvv with the graphics card built into the first PCIe slot:
http://pastebin.com/92Q6uFwa
lspci -vvv without the graphics card: http://pastebin.com/RAAsXxF3

Thanks!