Re: VirtIO and BSOD On Windows Server 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Clausen" <mightymartianca@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Vadim Rozenfeld" <vrozenfe@xxxxxxxxxx>, kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 3:37:53 AM
Subject: Re: VirtIO and BSOD On Windows Server 2003

On Jun 9, 2013 9:20 AM, "Aaron Clausen" <mightymartianca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay. I set up a CentOS 6.4 x64. Fired up a Windows Server 2003 x64
> guest and the second I installed the virtio drivers, I got a BSOD with
> 0x00000007e (a different error, yes, but won't boot until I yank the
> viostor.sys file).
>
> This is on completely different hardware and it's a qcow2 rather than
> a raw image, so at this point I have to believe that there is
> something very broken in the virtio drivers. I'm thinking at this time
> because I need these guests running in a production environment that
> I'm going to go back to an earlier Debian release. I' m pretty
> disappointed here. KVM has been rock solid for me for two years, and
> this is the first trouble I've had.

I've done a bit of googling, and it sure looks like there have been some
seabios issues. Any word of that from your end?

There were so many bochs and seabios issues during last several years
that I stopped tracking them at some point. Try taking the most recent
one from git repository and build it by yourself.