Re: VirtIO and BSOD On Windows Server 2003

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Vadim Rozenfeld <vrozenfe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Okay. I set up a CentOS 6.4 x64. Fired up a Windows Server 2003 x64
guest and the second I installed the virtio drivers, I got a BSOD with
0x00000007e (a different error, yes, but won't boot until I yank the
viostor.sys file).

This is on completely different hardware and it's a qcow2 rather than
a raw image, so at this point I have to believe that there is
something very broken in the virtio drivers. I'm thinking at this time
because I need these guests running in a production environment that
I'm going to go back to an earlier Debian release. I' m pretty
disappointed here. KVM has been rock solid for me for two years, and
this is the first trouble I've had.